All Guests participating in a Segway Tour must:
- Sign a Release of Liability Waiver
- Receive the Mandatory Safety Orientation. This orientation includes a verbal description of the activities and a physical practice with the Segways.
- Wear closed toes shoes and weather appropriate clothing (mittens, toques, etc in the winter months).
- Carry emergency medication if necessary (e.g. asthma inhalers, epi-pens, etc.)
- Wear the life safety equipment provided by Valley Zipline Adventures (helmets and any other equipment provided).
- Remove any objects from their bodies that may get caught or tangled in the activities.
- Meet the required height and weight restrictions (see below).
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate in the Segway Tour.
- Participants must be 15 years of age or older to participate.
- Participants that do not follow instruction and cause damage to the Segways will be expected to pay all repair costs.
Weight and Height
- Guests must weigh at least 100 lbs and no more than 250 lbs to participate in the Segway Tour.
- Participants must be 15 years of age or older to participate in the Segway Tour.
Age Restrictions (If under 19 years)
- Guests under the age of 19 must have their waivers signed by a parent or legal guardian (Permanent / Temporary).
- A link to sign your waiver will be sent in your booking confirmation email. Or you can sign a paper waiver when you check in for your tour.
Health & Physical Requirements
- All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity and have good balance.
- Guests must not have neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate in the tour.
- Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by Valley Zipline Adventures staff.
- 1.5 hour tour (approximately) with a professionally trained guide
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Training session with guide to learn how to use the Segway throughout the tour
- Please arrive at the Kinsmen Beach parking lot in Invermere at least 15 minutes before tour time. This allows time checking in and signing waivers.
- Orientation and training led by your guide
- 1-2 hour Segway Tour led by your guide
Things to Bring
- Closed toe shoes are required. Warm boots are recommended in the winter months.
- Sunscreen is recommended.
- Warm toques and mittens/gloves are required.
- Guests are not permitted to use cameras/phones while riding the Segways.
* Please be aware, we cannot be responsible for lost or damaged valuables*
Check In Requirements
- Mandatory check-in 15 minutes prior to tour time at the Kinsmen Beach parking lot in Invermere.
- Late Arrivals – Tours depart at the time slot booked. If you are late for the tour departure you booked we will try to reschedule you based on availability. There is no guarantee of rescheduling and no refunds will be issued for guests who arrive late for their tour.
- All guests must all sign a waiver to participate.
Online Bookings/Phone Bookings
Once the transaction has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email. Please keep this email for reference. You do not need to print your confirmation when you arrive for your scheduled booking as we keep it on file.
Please refer to the Product Terms & Conditions for further details.
All online/phone orders
Can I make changes after I place my order?
We cannot guarantee any changes to the order once it has been completed. Orders placed online or over the phone begin processing immediately in our system to ensure order fulfillment and shipping time. If the order must be changed, we will do our best to ensure you are fully satisfied. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For information regarding our Cancellation Policy please review our Refund Policy.
We are aware that Segways aren’t for everyone! If a participant completes the orientation and training but does not want to continue on with the tour, a 50% refund will be allowed. If a participant continues onto the tour there will be no refund allowed.
- For a 100% refund, cancellations and changes must be made at least 48 hours prior to tour date.
- No refund for cancellations or reschedules within the last 48 hours prior to tour date.
- No-shows will be charged 100% fee.
- Group Bookings of 5 or more are subject to a 7 Day Cancellation Policy.
- If you need to cancel due to illness or medical emergency, we require a doctor’s note from a local Invermere doctor/clinic in order to process a full refund.
- All our tours operate RAIN, SHINE, OR SNOW. We do not refund for inclement weather, unless the weather makes for an unsafe environment.
- We will cancel tours in the event of lightning/thunder, high winds, or a winter storm; we will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour completed.
- In high winds or other adverse conditions, Valley Zipline Adventures Ltd reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours, based on management’s assessment of conditions. We will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour completed.
*Please be aware, we reserve the right refuse service in the following circumstances: *
- Participants are found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Inappropriate behaviour/language to staff or other guests
- Anyone that does not meet our official weight or age restrictions
In any of these circumstances, a refund will not be permitted.